Come build the foundation of the decentralized web with ETHGlobal and Protocol Labs from July 6 to August 6 — Applications open now
Hey hackers! By now you may have heard — ETHGlobal’s next online hackathon is HackFS, a hackathon focused on building the foundation of the decentralized web. We’re thrilled to be working closely with the team at Protocol Labs to make it easier than ever for developers to use decentralized storage in their apps.
- Starts Monday, July 6
- 30 days to build with the support of ETHGlobal and Protocol Labs
- $125K+ in prizes and 25k FIL
- Sponsors & speakers from across the Ethereum & Filecoin ecosystems
- Workshops, panels, feedback sessions with experts
- The same high-quality developer experience you expect from an ETHGlobal event
- Applications are open, apply now!
When we asked hackers what topic they wanted for ETHGlobal’s next hackathon, the resounding answer was web3 and decentralized applications.
HackFS will bring together projects from across the Ethereum & Filecoin ecosystems to build decentralized apps, leveraging the composability of Ethereum applications, including the DeFi ecosystem.
We’re collecting a huge list of hackathon ideas in a doc here — take a look if you want to find some inspiration!
We’re expecting to see submissions across a huge range of topics:
- Video, audio, streaming, transcoding, and recording apps
- Decentralized social media
- Integrations between Filecoin & DeFi
- Apps managing large decentralized datasets
- Devtools to help build web3 applications & work with IPFS/Filecoin
- Games, and tools to help build games
- Storage & retrieval tools for miners
We especially think that combinations of IPFS/Filecoin & DeFi will be a major theme. Over the last year, we’ve seen an explosion of “wrapped” assets on Ethereum mainnet (like Bitcoin), which can then be used inside of Ethereum-based DeFi protocols. We’re excited to see how hackers leverage DeFi to create financial products & services around Filecoin.
This is a great opportunity to get ahead of the product curve.
Incorporating decentralized storage into your stack means preparing a maximally resilient product for your users.
Today, many projects in the web3 space are beginning to take off the training wheels and credibly decentralize their protocols, through governance tokens and other means. An inevitable step for any decentralized application will be utilizing decentralized storage, for apps that are truly censorship resistant.
We look forward to seeing you at HackFS in a few short weeks — apply now!